Wednesday, June 5, 2013

I'm living a life of rhyme!

A big HELLO! Welcome to my poem blog where I will share with my readers. If you are reading this blog, chances are you have seen my poetry on either Twitter or Instagram. The reason for the blog is, it is easier to discuss all things poetry rather than just showing pictures. Here, I can go more in depth and take comments and share the important things about poetry without the limitations of x number of words or characters in any given block, and no, you won't need hashtags. I would like to introduce myself and why I became involved writing poetry. First, My name is Greg Fairbrother and I am from Saint John N.B. Canada. I am 58 years young and am a partner to a great woman and I have a son that I am very proud of who is also making me a grandfather before the end of June 2013. I started writing sometime in 2006, 1 year after my 21 year old son passed away from lifelong health problems. He was the second son who has passed, as a son back in 1982 had also died. I wanted to create a poem for Ryan in his memory, so I did and was happy with the results. The joy that writing this one poem brought me caused me to want to continue writing, until I had nearly 200 poems of a more serious nature under my belt. Sometime in either 2007 or 2008, I created a funny poem. I shared it and got a good reaction and went back to write more of this type and have not looked back. I have hundreds of poems and songs written, mostly of a funny nature and if you browse in either Instagram or Twitter, you can read a few that I have posted. Along the way, I have decided, as a bucket list item, to write a book of humorous nonsense poems. I find that nonsense is very good for the state of mind and can be enjoyed by any age. It is my hope to attract like minded people who would like to share and talk and give their insight and opinions on ... funny poetry. I wish this to be a clean site and invite people anywhere, young and old to participate. I know there are professional sites that offer contests but this is a more laid back way of introducing yourself and share and visit for awhile. Share your story; When you started writing; where you want to go with it and then, we can support each other through encouragement. I hope to hear from you in a comment box and if you think this is a good idea or not. Think of it as an informal get together. Thank you and welcome to our blog and may we continue to live a life of rhyme.

No comments:

Post a Comment