Saturday, June 8, 2013

June 8th 2013

What is it about poetry that attracts us or repels us? I think poetry is like a hand that reaches into our very soul and pulls at our heart strings, so to speak, of course. It mirrors our sameness with others and reflects our experiences, our feelings and notions so that your thoughts will say, that's me, that's what I felt or how I feel. Poetry is immortal. It goes back far before Shakespeare. To be or Not to be! Is that really the question. Or, is the question:
TO BE?
What if time stood still ...
Would it matter?
Would I grow old
and wither?
Dust to dust
ashes to ashes!
Would I be like the Phoenix
rising from the Vortex
to be born again?
Would I throest
mine arms in angst
like a great pillar
toward the sky
and rise? Rise
to take control
over mine own destiny?
"TO BE, OR NOT TO BE"
That oft quoted phrase
rings in mine ears.
It reverberates
throughout my very soul.
I have not thrown down
Have? HAVE I?
"TO BE, OR NOT TO BE"
that may be the eternal question.
I CAN, I WILL!
may well be the answer!
© 2013 G. D. Fairbrother All Rights Reserved


TO BE or NOT TO BE
may have been the question
but we will each discover for ourselves
in our own time
What the answers are
to our very own questions.

No comments:

Post a Comment