Friday, June 7, 2013

June 7th 2013

I don't know where I get the idea at times but something silly will pop up, a notion really and I will put the idea down, usually on my Galaxy Note 2. I'll start writing and sometimes when I finish, I am a world away from my original idea. That's what I like about writing. I'll have an idea that quite literally sucks, but it is an idea that takes form much like the root of a tree or plant and from there, I do not know where I will end up. I usually write the way I speak. My words are not philosophical to a great extent because most people do not talk or think that way in their daily lives so why would I sound like something I am not. My writing is influenced by many sources. I don't think I have any one particular style. I liken my process to a grab bag approach. Whatever works to get the job done. Today, while I was at my day job on a break, I wrote: "The Alphabet Song" which started off by looking at the numeric alpha code and I thought: it would be cool if the code was written by Seuss and I went from there. Below, each word in capital represents the beginning of each letter in the alphabet. Enjoy! Take care. 
Greg

THE ALPHABET SONG
ALPHABET BARBER CAMEL DUCK
Some people pray tell have all the luck
ELEPHANT FEATHERS GOGGLES HAT
It’s “The Dr. Seuss Alphabet” What’s wrong with that?
ITCHY itchy JICHY jichy
KITCHY kitchy LOO
Thank you everyone and MOMMA too
NANCY ORLOP and PAPA QUINN
RIMMY-raz-raz  SHAM TAG UR in
VOLKS WAGON XTURBULENT
YELLOW ZEE
That’s my alphabet, let it be!
© 2013 G. D. Fairbrother All Rights Reserved

No comments:

Post a Comment